Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Living in a State of Yes

Right now I am right where I'm supposed to be.  I have no doubts that God put us in ISCA house.  To move here, we had to make a financial decision.  I went on and on ad nauseam about this decision in previous blog posts.  To make is short and sweet, we were willing to give up everything in order to be financially ready to say "YES" to anything God might have for us.

Another topic I whine about eternally is having to give up certain foods: gluten, sugar, eggs.  What never occurred to me until this week is that there is no difference between my reasons for giving up my dream home and giving up those foods.  I thought they were very different, but like everything else on this spinning rock, its ALL about God.

Every so often, when i take a minute to actually listen during prayer instead of just running my trap, God says something to me.  Last week, as I was so exasperated about taking metformin and all the less than pleasant side-effects that go with it, I asked Him, "Dad...why can't I have what I want?"  I didn't have anything else to say about that, so I just sat quietly.  The answer that was given to me made so much sense, but was so difficult to hear nonetheless.  "Why was it so easy for you to give up material things, but so impossible for you to give up food?  What if I give you a path to take, but you can't because your health won't allow it?  Either you live in a state of YES, or you don't."

I don't know what God has in store for us.  I don't know if we'll stay here with ISCA forever or if He'll one day lead us in another direction.  All I know for sure is that I want to say YES to anything He brings our way.  If that means eating less sugar, avoiding gluten, being careful with eggs, and getting off my butt to burn a few calories, so be it.  He IS worth it.  Here I am, Lord, send me!


No comments:

Post a Comment