Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It Pales in Comparison

I'm not sure what I think about "praying" on the internet.  Does God read my status?  He doesn't have to!  He knows my thoughts before I even have them, so I know He doesn't need to see me post them.  However, my friends and family can't know my thoughts.  You can't know what God is doing in my heart unless I speak them or post them.

Lately, I have been experiencing God's presence very palpably in my quiet time with Him.  Today as I begged Him, again, to change some difficult circumstances in my life, He directed me to a portion of His word that helped me regain my perspective.  I know a lot of my friends are struggling right now, so I want to share this section of Scripture with you, reworded in the form of a prayer.  I hope it helps you as much as it has me.

Father,

I pray that from Your glorious, unlimited resources You will empower me with inner strength through your spirit.

Then, you will make your home in my heart as I trust in you.

My roots will grow down deep in Your love, and I may have the power to understand, as all Your people should, how wide, how long, how high and how deep Your love is.

May I experience your love, though it is too great to understand fully?

Then I will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment