Thursday, February 7, 2013

Let Me Give More!

Maybe its the rain on the roof or the mid-winter doldrums, but I'm feeling a little down-in-the-dumpsy today.

I just finished reading a devotional all about slowing down our lives and noticing the people around us.  I'm not sure I can adequately convey how much I want to do that more.  More and more I find myself stuck up here in our little apartment working on all the various things I do outside of ISCA, when all I really want to do is have girls over to knit or teach to cook or just hang out.  I want to walk up to campus and grab coffee with them.  I want to take them to the library or grab a movie or .... whatever!  I want to be available.

But I CAN'T, and its killing me.

Every day I pray, "God, there are so many things I want to do for your kingdom with the money we are spending on that big empty house.  There is so much I want to do with my time for your kingdom instead of working to pay the bills because we still have that big empty house."

Why is He making me wait?  Why can't I do this stuff now?  I just want to share His love with my time and finances.  Isn't that the right thing?  Isn't that what I'm taught in Perspectives?  Isn't that what Scripture says to do?  I am literally ACHING to give that money away and to spend all my time on Him and His people.

Why is He postponing this?  What is He up to?


No comments:

Post a Comment