Friday, January 27, 2012

Lose Yourself

On January 9 a friend of mine asked a question on Facebook, "What could you lose yourself in if nothing was holding you back?"  I didn't even blink...my immediate answer was, "Helping get Perspectives in South America."  (Since I know almost NO Spanish, this will be a somewhat lengthy process.)
Three days later someone who works with Perspectives approached me and told me that a position was available with the organization that I was extremely qualified to fill.

Coincidence?  I think not.



I met with the person for whom I'd be working as his assistant to find out more details.  It really is a fantastic opportunity that uses all of my skill sets.

The catch?  I have to raise half of my pay in support...like a global servant (aka missionary).  YIKES!  That's scary stuff there.

I've gone through so many emotional highs and lows over the past couple of weeks:  from the euphoria of knowing that God is behind all of this to cowering under the covers when I think about asking my friends for money to gliding on air realizing I could have my heart's desire and fulfill a dream to questioning what would happen if we couldn't pay our mortgage.  Its been gut-wrenching and exhausting.

But Rick, my husband, and I have prayed together and individually.  We have a peace that can't be explained about this next step.  Maybe we're crazy, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice and let me sing
always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold
not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
every power as You choose.

::Chorus::
Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Take my will and make it Thine
it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is Thine own
it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord I pour
at Your feet its treasure store
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.
Take myself and I will be
ever, only, all for Thee.

Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.
x3

(Take my life, Lord take my life. Take all of me)

Here am I, all of me.
Take my life, it's all for Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment