Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Waiting

I will confess, I am pretty sure I know what is best for me.  I can look at any situation and almost immediately figure out what needs to happen for me to be happy.  Its a gift, I suppose.

Typically, when things aren't going the way I think they should, I am more than willing to "help God out" by attempting to persuade (translation: manipulate) people into believing and thus doing what is very clearly the best possible course of action in that situation.

I am tempted to do that now.  I want to get going on this new chapter of my life.  I want to write letters, start visiting with people, raising support, selling things, etc.  Basically, LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD.

However, the very clear message I have at the moment is "wait."  Waiting makes no sense to me.  Action makes sense.  Doing makes sense.  Waiting is wasting time.

And yet...I wait.  This entire experience is so completely counter to what our culture dictates.  You know...I wonder if God's Kingdom always seems "upside down" simply so that we will be emptied out?

No comments:

Post a Comment