Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Black Outs and Back Ups

I really wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary.   I had just finished have a nice lunch and catch-up session with my college sophomore daughter and had dropped off some paperwork for the new position.  I was sitting at a traffic light in my car, when all of a sudden, the world started spinning.  I could hardly see, and I started sweating.  I cranked the AC in my car to try to shock myself back into consciousness, but that was a bust.  As soon as the light turned green I headed for the closest parking lot, applied the brakes and shifted into park.  

My next memory is of a stranger banging on my window asking if I was okay.  I hadn't even remotely made it into a parking spot.  I was stopped in the middle of a small parking lot and was blocking traffic.  After assuring the kind stranger that I thought I was okay and didn't need to call 911, I got out of the car, walked around a bit, and then proceeded on my way to my office.  

As I began working on a couple of tasks, the nausea hit.  Blacking out followed by nausea is not good, even a medical misfit like me knows that.  So, I broke down and called the doctor.  He took me right away, and it turns out I have some swelling in my inner ear.  Sure enough, ever time I turn my head to the left, I'm back on the Tilt-a-Whirl and I'm about to blow.

This really isn't meant to be a medical update.  What I was hoping to convey is that God had my back today.   I've been feeling a little desperate lately about all the changes we're about to face, and the fact that I made it off the road before I blacked out helped to reassure me that God is going to take care of us. No matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment