Monday, February 6, 2012

Doubts and Stuff

I'm currently a church administrator. I like my job.  A lot.  I love the people I work with and the people I work for.  Like any job it has its frustrations, but all-in-all, I really like what I do.

Lately I find myself questioning my sanity.  I have a job that I like.  I am able to be flexible with my hours, I know what I'm doing, I have a guaranteed paycheck, its very peaceful and relatively low-stress, I can even bring my dog into the office when the building is empty.  And I'm giving this up so I can start a new position where I don't really know anyone, I have no idea how to do anything, the hours are more structured....AND I have to raise part of my pay in support.  AM I NUTS?!!!!

Do you think the prophets questioned their sanity when God told them to do something?  I'll tell you, if it wasn't for Jonah, I might be hiding in my closet right now!  I'm not really in the mood to be vomited by a big fish anytime soon, so I'll keep pursuing Perspectives.  I KNOW that I know that I know this is where God wants me to be right now.  It just feels so crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment