Friday, February 17, 2012

Flame Fanners

Every once in a while I meet a new person, and I am immediately drawn to them.  I can clearly see Jesus in them, and I just want to be in their presence as much as possible.

Yesterday I got to have lunch with a couple of those people, and today I am a burning ball of passion for my Father and His heart.

It got me to thinking, what is it about them that causes this response in me?  I think its the fact that they are genuine in their love for Jesus and their love for me...even though we've just recently met.  God's love radiates from them.  They fan my flame simply by being near me.

That is who I want to be.  When people are with me, I want them to know that Jesus loves them, not because of anything I do or say...but just because He is in me.  Because my heart is full of Him and He is always on my mind.  I want to be a fan flamer, too.


One Pure and Holy Passion

Give me one pure and holy passion
And give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition in my life
To know and follow hard after You

To know and follow hard after You
To grow as Your disciple in the truth
This world is empty, pale and poor
Compared to knowing you, my Lord

Lead me on and I will run after You

No comments:

Post a Comment