Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love and other subjects (Post Valentines Day)

The other day I read a quote that really struck me:  "Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery


I started looking at the various relationships in my life with that mind-set.  Would that quote describe the relationships I have with my husband, my children, my sister, my parents, my friends, my church...


In the majority of the cases, I would say that it does.  Rick and I are totally on board with our current outward focus.  When we dream, it is definitely about how much more we can do in response to God's love...not on what we can accomplish or get for ourselves.  I'd also say this is usually the case with our children as well.  My sister and her family definitely seem to be on the same page.  I'm pretty sure my Dad and in-laws are with me.  I fairly certain most of my little church family is outward focused, too.


So the question becomes, "What is the BEST way to take God's name and His love in that outward direction?"  How do we begin to address that question?  How to we align ourselves in that way?


So many big questions...so many exciting possibilities!


(BTW:  my son is back from Thailand, and I'm really liking the new job!  We celebrated last night with steak, real mashed potatoes, caprese salad and chocolate covered strawberries....mmmmmmmmmm)


This is the theme song for our oldest son's FDTS class with YWAM in Lakeside Montana.  I think if we truly get what we really believe, we have to take it out.






Manifesto


We believe in the one true God
We believe in Father Spirit Son
We believe that good has won

And all of the people of God sang along

Amen
Amen
Amen
Amen

We are free He died and lives again
We will be a people free from sin
We'll be free a kingdom with no end

And all of the people of God sang along

Amen
Amen
Amen
Amen
Amen
Amen


Our father who art in Heaven, hallowed by thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who have trespassed against us
Lord lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
For thine is the kingdom, power and the glory forever

We’re singing –
Amen
Amen, yeah
Amen
Amen, yeah
Amen
Amen, yeah, yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment