Sunday, February 12, 2012

Going Public

Is my church a cruise ship or an aircraft carrier?  I think this is a question all Believers need to ask themselves.

I've been part of sending a few folks out to share Jesus in other nations.  Its exciting to pray over them and to hug them as they set forth on their new adventure.

I never thought it would be me, and I certainly never thought it would be as an administrator in Fayetteville Arkansas.

But Perspectives on the World Christian Movement is an amazing mobilizing tool, and starting tomorrow, I get to be one of the cogs in the gears of this amazing machine that God is using to light fires in His Church and get us out there where we belong.

So, ask yourself, "Am I encouraged to go into the building when the doors are open, or am I encouraged to GO OUT?!"

To the elders of my little church family, I say thank you for recognizing that you are the captains of an air craft carrier, not a cruise ship.  Thank you for teaching us to GO.  Thank you for sending me so graciously.


"Here Am I"


On the other side of the world
She stands on the ocean shore
Gazing at the heavens she wonders
Is there something more
Never been told the name of Jesus
She turns and walks away
What a shame

Just across the street in your hometown
Leaving from his nine to five
Gazing down the road he wonders
Is this all there is to life
Never been told the name of Jesus
He continues on his way
What a shame

Whom shall I send
Who will go for me
To the ends of the earth
Who will rise up for the King
Here am I send me
Here am I send me

Whether foreign land or neighbors
Everyone's the same
Searching for the answers
That lie within your name
I want to proclaim the love of Jesus
In all I do and say
Unashamed 

Whom shall I send
Who will go for me
To the ends of the earth
Who will rise up for the King
Here am I send me
Here am I send me 

No comments:

Post a Comment