Tuesday, February 7, 2012

True Friends Tell You You're Being Dumb

On Tuesday nights I get together with a friend to pray for our husbands.  At least thats the premise.  We talk and pray about a lot more than that.  This friend is very wise, and I love how she can point out when I'm just being stupid...but she does it in such a way that I love her more for it.  That's a special talent, let me tell you, because I am not one to normally enjoy having my faults pointed out.

Tonight I was talking to her about all of the crazy thoughts going through my mind about my son and me raising support at the same time.  I rambled forever, as she sat with her head on her hand waiting for me to take a breath.  Finally, she cocked her head to one side, looked me in the eye and asked, "What would you be teaching your son if you gave up pursuing Perspectives while he's pursuing SBS?"  I answered, "To put your children ahead of yourself."  She didn't buy it.  "Is that REALLY what you'd be teaching him?"

Well, no...what I'd really be teaching him is to put earthly things ahead of the Holy Spirit.  I'd also be teaching him that God isn't big enough to provide for both of us (or at least he'd know that's what I believe is true.)

Man...I hate it when she's right.  But I love it, too.

We prayed about that....and our husbands, too.

I am at peace again, because God sent me a friend who calls a spade a spade.

God is big enough, and He is worthy of any sacrifice I must make for Him.   the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment