Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Sign is in the Yard!

Holy Cannoli!  There's a for-sale sign in my yard!  Oh sure, we've been doing all the "get ready to sell your house" stuff.  We've gone through every nook and cranny in the house looking for crap to try to sell to someone else who doesn't really need it either.  We've had the yard sale (which really is the most bizarre custom.  Let's get real here: Who decided taking all the junk from your house and putting it on your lawn, inviting strangers to come rifle through it was good behavior for civilized society? I drew the line at the old bra's and underwear.  Just couldn't handle the idea of my neighbors handling my delicates on the lawn.)  We got a storage unit and have stored away all of the "unnecessary" furnishings and personal decorations...which begs the question, if it's unnecessary, why do we still have it?!  We've scrubbed, stripped, touched-up, torn down, filled in, and rearranged every square inch of this house.

Yet, I don't think any of this was real until that sign was hammered into our front lawn.  There it sits...a visual reminder that our lives are about to radically change.

I am in no way doubting that becoming the housing managers for ISCA is the right decision.  Last night we received the official invitation to take the position.  Kevin Smith and the Skinners (current housing managers) both related their stories of how God worked to bring us to ISCA.  It is abundantly clear that this is all His doing.

No...I'm not doubting that God wants us there.  I think I'm doubting that I'm worthy...yeah, that's it...I am so incredibly unqualified to be used this way.  I am just not holy enough.   Let's look at the facts:

1.  Sometimes, I just don't get up early and have a quiet time.
2.  I regularly get distracted during prayers, and have a very hard time sitting still for those long, extended prayer times that truly holy people engage in.
3.  I like a lot of secular music.
4.  I've been known to tell an off-color joke every now and then...and I laugh way too loud when I hear them, too
5.  I have also been known to have a glass of wine, and the occasional margarita (and fuzzy navel, and mud slide, and srewdriver, and...)
6.  Sometimes I get down right ticked off and think (and will actually voice) unkind and judgmental thoughts.
7.  (And this one's the clincher) I really, really, really don't like bread dipped in grape juice.  In fact, it makes me gag.

I am so scared of messing up.  I am terrified of not being or doing the right thing.  I'm just a weak, frail girl who makes lots of mistakes...and its going to be obvious that I don't know how to do this.

Thank God that HE is my strength, and I can only do this through HIM.  This will definitely not be me...its all Him.



And I can see that my hands are trembling, I can see that my legs are weak
I can see that my head is spinning, but I will overcome
And I know that my heart is hurting, And I know that my soul it aches
And I know that it seems I'm failing, but I will overcome, yeah

Chorus:
O Lord I'm strong in You, O Lord I am wise in You
O Lord I can see in You, so I will overcome
O Lord I'm loved by You, O Lord I am free in you
O Lord I'm complete in You
So I will overcome, I will overcome, I will overcome

Bridge:
God listen to me shout, I'm so far from anywhere and I'm calling out
Lead me, lead me to the rock that is higher than I
You're my breath, You're my breath, You're my very life
Infinite, Holy King meets weak and frail Christ in me
And I will overcome not by my strength but by Your grace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment