Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Ultimate Culture Shock

Living in a home with people from multiple cultures can have its ups and downs.  I admit, I am learning a lot,which is good since I know so little about this process.

I've been trying to do some research and have been asking questions of people who know more about cultural transitions than I do.  I've been thinking about my friends who move to other parts of the world, and have been realizing how difficult that must be for them.  I've also become aware of how much more I could have done to reach out to them when they've made these life-changes.

During all of this research and questioning, remembering and regretting, I had a thought:  Jesus  must have experienced the ultimate culture shock.  I mean...I think leaving Asia and coming to the U.S. must be very difficult, but it can't be anything like leaving Heaven and coming to Earth.

I've decided to focus for a while on how He handled the cultural transition, and how He served His Father in the midst of it.

He surrounded Himself with a few close friends
He never lost sight of why He was here
He talked to His Father constantly
He LOVED people
He relied on God's power...

Yes.  I'll focus on Him and try to see everyone the way Christ does.  Seems like a good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment