Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Desire of My Heart

What is the desire of my heart?  I know Scripture says that God will give it to me, and I've heard all sorts of different sermons about what that means.  Some say it means God will put His desire in my heart.  Others say that if our desires are in line with His, then He will honor and grant that desire.  I don't know what it all means, but I think maybe, for me, it means that He will show me what that desire really is in the first place.

I desire to honor my Father, but the way I do that looks totally different than the way anyone else will do it.  God knows not only every deed I've ever done or that has been done to me, He knows every thought or intention I've ever owned.  So when I think, act or speak, He is the only one who knows if it is truly, genuinely out of love for Him.  He is the only one who knows my real heart...the one I not only won't but CAN'T show anyone else because I don't even understand it myself.

Lately He has been giving me little glimpses of the desire of my heart.  Deep down inside me, there is this joy that bubbles up to the surface.  There is a peace that encompasses me.  There is a hope that overwhelms me.  What is it that reaches down and frees my spirit?  Its loving on God's full-time servants.

Some people call this "missionary care" or "member care," but to me, its just love.  When I think about serving these servants, I can't contain the tears.  Their well-being means so much to me.

And my God is so incredibly good, that not only did he reveal this desire to me, but he put this desire in my husband as well.  Maybe that what "soul mate" means, too?

I'm about to conk out, so I'll have to come back and find a song.  But for now...I just keep humming "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."  He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment