Sunday, April 15, 2012

Just another DUH moment

This morning I heard part of an interview with Matt Redman.  He told the story of his daughter's goldfish.  This little fish swam around in lazy circles in his little bowl on the mantle.  They all marveled at how graceful and beautiful it was.  Then one day Matt was watching a documentary about the majestic creatures that live under the sea.  He learned that the blue whale's tongue weighs as much as a family car.  They showed thousands of new creatures too small for the naked eye that have been recently discovered.  He was dumbfounded at the breadth of beauty and creativity found beneath the ocean's depths.  Then he glanced up at the goldfish, swimming in the tiny bowl, and it struck him, "I have put my God in a bowl, but He is more majestic than the entirety of the ocean."

At that moment, I realized that I've been sitting here thinking and writing about my musings, "What if this is less about me going to Perspectives and more about Sean going to Grace."  What an idiot I am!  This isn't about me, or Perspectives or Sean or Grace Church.  This is about my Lord.  This is about His Name being made known in every tongue, tribe and nation.  This is about His glory.

I picked up my phone and noticed I had a text message from a friend. It read "Psalm 31:3."  I looked up the reference, "For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name’s sake you lead me and guide me;"


For YOUR name's sake, Father...It is ALL about You.


No comments:

Post a Comment