Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What if....





Too many things are happening right now, and I don't have time to go into any details.   Everything is up in the air and all things earthly are screaming, "STOP."

Is this God closing a door?  I just don't know.  I'm spending a TON of time in prayer.  I am scared (but in an odd way excited) about what all of this means.  I'm full of "what ifs."

I'm fairly certain, however, that most of Satans whispers begin with those two little words..."What if..."

Well.....What if God is big enough to get me through this in spite of all my fears?

What if God really does mean it when he says, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you a hope and a future."?

What if God's Word is true?

What if He really does love me as much as He says He does?

What if He really is worth all the glory and honor?

What if He is everything He says He is and keeps every promise He makes?

What if all of this was less about getting me to the Perspectives national office and more about getting me out of administration at my church?

What if....

I want to hear His voice, clearly, telling me what to do.  I really long for this:

Isa 30:20-21 (NIV) Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."


"Walk By Faith"


Would I believe you when you would say
Your hand will guide my every way
Will I receive the words You say
Every moment of every day

[chorus]
Well I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Well because this broken road
Prepares Your will for me

Help me to win my endless fears
You've been so faithful for all my years
With one breath You make me new
Your grace covers all I do

yeah, yeah , yeah, yeah, yeah, ya

[chorus]

Well I'm broken- but I still see Your face
Well You've spoken- pouring Your words of grace

[chorus x2]

Well hallelujah, hallelu
(I will walk by faith)
Well hallelujah, hallelu
(I will walk by faith)

I will walk, I will walk, I will walk by faith
I will, I will, I will walk by faith

No comments:

Post a Comment