Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Know Everything...

So, I've been trying to focus on what I know as opposed to what I don't know.  When all is said and done, and you boil the cabbage all the way down, it isn't so much "what" I know as "who" I know.

I know my Father, my Savior, my Power.

I can read Scripture and know about Him...and I do that (not always as often as I would like, but I do spend time in God's Word.)  I can listen to messages about God...and I do that, too.  I can listen to songs...you know I do that!  I can watch movies, read expository books, admire creation and art...there are so many ways to learn about God.

But the way I truly know my God is by talking to Him, listening to Him, watching how He moves, and remembering His faithfulness throughout my life and the lives of those I meet.  I have kept a prayer journal in the past, and am now keeping this blog, and I love to go back and read them, recalling the thoughts and emotions during the highs and lows of my circumstances.

The thing that comes through is that I am so very quick to doubt and become desperate, and He is so constant and true.  He is always on my side.  He never abandons me.  He is like the father that puts you on the bicycle without the training wheels and runs along behind the bike...he's there to catch you, but he knows you need that sense of freedom and accomplishment.  He does not want me to fail or suffer, but he knows sometimes its the only way I learn, so he backs up and lets me live.  When I mess up, he's right there.  He wants me to ask him for help, but he's there whether I ask or not.  When I'm tired, he rocks me to sleep or he gives me his strength to get through.  When I'm overwhelmed, he sings over me and gives me peace.  When my heart is broken, he sits with me and listens, letting me cry on his chest and listen to his unfailing heartbeat.  When I'm thirsty, he quenches my need.  When I am overjoyed, he hugs me and smiles with me.  When I'm lost, he takes my hand and guides me home.

My God is my best friend, my father, my big brother, my truest companion.  He is the first person I talk to in the morning, and the last one I whisper to at night.  He is everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment