Sunday, March 25, 2012

Miles to Go Before I Sleep!

Last week I spent the week in the most unreal place on earth...Orlando, FL!  For months on end my husband, youngest daughter, exchange student (aka "daughter for the year") and I worked in concessions stands at Arkansas Razorback basketball games in order to raise the necessary funds to take part in this amazing trip with the exchange student program.  It was fantastic and worth every revolting hotdog we cooked and sold.

The only part the was just a bit rough was the drive.  On the way down, we drove straight through for twenty hours.  I did more than my share of head-bobbing, and am pretty amazed that I made it without causing a 20 car pile up on the interstate.  The trip back was made in two days, but wore me out, too.

The good thing about all that driving in a car with two girls that just don't talk much is that I had a lot of time to think and pray.  You see, I always thought that when a person senses a calling from God on their life, that they would run with an open heart and hands to that calling without a single care in the world.  I was very, very wrong about that.  I cannot even count the times I have second guessed this decision to join Perspectives and to trust that God will provide the funds for me to do this ministry through His people.  I go back and forth, sometimes on an hourly basis.

This isn't easy.  I have doubts and fears coming out the wazoo (just what is a "wazoo" anyway?).  The "what ifs" abound aplenty.  But my God is still big.  He is still in control.  I am still His.  I still just need to be still.  I will do what He asks, because He is worth my everything...even when I'm scared to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment