Monday, March 5, 2012

Homework in Paradise

I'll admit it...I'm procrastinating.  I am sitting here in absolute paradise working on my fund-raising boot camp prep-work, and I just can't get over the beauty of my surroundings.  I figured I'd better write about it and get it out of my system or I won't be able to focus on this intense Bible study for more than a couple of minutes.

I'm in Palm Springs, accompanying my husband on a business trip.  We are staying at a resort that understands the true reason God created flowers...because they are colorful!!!  Everywhere you turn there is an explosion of gorgeous color.  On top of that, the orange trees are in full bloom, so everywhere you walk, you are enveloped in the heavenly scent of orange blossoms.  The sun is shining, there's a slight breeze and fresh squeezed orange juice is available at every corner.  The birds were singing this morning, but as I sit here working on my assignment, there is no music.  This must be rectified!  ALL of my senses need to be full to overflowing!

I turned on Pandora as I  began my assignment of identifying my "calling."  When the hard work of fund-raising begins to get me down, according to the text book, I will be tempted to question my calling.  At exactly the moment I read that sentence, this song came on my JJ Heller Pandora station.  As I sit here, trying to put my calling into words, I needed to hear these words.  Thank you, Father, for always knowing what my heart cries out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment