Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Too Sad to Sleep

Have you ever been so sad you can't sleep?  Tonight I am.  

People in my life, the people I should be close to, the people I should count on, the people I hold dear, are avoiding me, and it hurts.

My mother wrote me off 25 years ago because I left her religion.

My father wrote me off because I got angry at him and his wife.

My daughter-in-law has written me off and forbidden me access to my grandson because...well, I'm not really sure, actually.  

I don't think I'm a terrible person.  I try to be kind, merciful, loving, genuine, truthful...all those things I'm supposed to be. There are several people in my life who seem to enjoy my company.  My husband and children think I'm okay. What is it that makes me so unlovable to these three?  

So here I sit.  Unable to sleep.  I am sad.  I am hurt.  And I feel very alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment